Colorado Gov. Roy Romer said that although he couldn't support subsidies to regional airlines, he did look with favor on new airlines starting up. He also conceded that building DIA could have been delayed for five or more years, although complaints from neighbors about noise "made it inevitable."
Meanwhile, representatives from booming airports in Salt Lake City and Colorado Springs, Colo., said they were expanding to meet the needs of dropouts from pricey DIA.
- Larry Glickfeld on Trekking across Colorado’s fragmented wildernesses
- Yue Li on On those who live and die along the border
- Shelley Stallings on Photos: Diving for delicacies
- Mark York on Getting over the ‘taboo’ in a gun-rights conversation
- Robert Hooper on Trekking across Colorado’s fragmented wildernesses