Colorado Gov. Roy Romer said that although he couldn't support subsidies to regional airlines, he did look with favor on new airlines starting up. He also conceded that building DIA could have been delayed for five or more years, although complaints from neighbors about noise "made it inevitable."
Meanwhile, representatives from booming airports in Salt Lake City and Colorado Springs, Colo., said they were expanding to meet the needs of dropouts from pricey DIA.
- Wendy Beye on Another Yellowstone River oil spill
- Harvey H Reading on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep
- irene gilbert on Critical mule deer research relies on fundraising
- Micaela Fischer on The Unusual Occupation at Utah’s Book Cliffs
- Larry Bullock on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep