Colorado Gov. Roy Romer said that although he couldn't support subsidies to regional airlines, he did look with favor on new airlines starting up. He also conceded that building DIA could have been delayed for five or more years, although complaints from neighbors about noise "made it inevitable."
Meanwhile, representatives from booming airports in Salt Lake City and Colorado Springs, Colo., said they were expanding to meet the needs of dropouts from pricey DIA.
- Brad Bergstrom on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?
- Dwayne Meadows on Idaho’s sewer system is the Snake River
- Dale Lockwood on Rural cops get militarized
- C.C. Havens on A day on the river that ended in a death
- Robb Cadwell on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?