Name: Jeff Rice
University of Utah Research librarian and co-founder of the Western Soundscape Archive, a library of 3,000 animal recordings
Favorite Place to Record:
The Southwest, because the region's low humidity and air turbulence only minimally alter and mute sound waves.
One of His Favorite Sounds:
The high-pitched squeak of the northern grasshopper mouse.
GPS, parabolic dish, Sennheiser microphones, Sound Devices 50-gig recorder, portable recorder, lapel mikes, Sony recorder, bat detector, hydrophone (for fish), and lots of rechargeable AA batteries.
- Candace Oathout on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- Mike Senchyna on Should this national monument become a national park?
- Tom Darnell on Four charts that show how public land is good for rural areas
- Karl Anderson on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- Jodi Peterson on The beaver whisperer