Name: Hersh Saunders
Nickname The Cowboy Rabbi
Occupation/Vocation Prosthodontist/Rabbi and shochet, or kosher slaughterer.
Unofficial Duties Chief guardian and mixer of the compost heap.
He says "Every community (used to have) a rabbi. And either the rabbi was a shochet, or there was someone who had learned with the rabbi and was appointed the shochet, and you trusted that person. ... It brings (meat production) into a much lower volume and makes it local -- you know me, and that's how it used to be."
- Thomas Arvensis on How do we define climate pollution's cost to society?
- Gene Sengstake on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Rich Jordan on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Patrick Johnston on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Tom Darnell on Four charts that show how public land is good for rural areas