Name: Hersh Saunders
Nickname The Cowboy Rabbi
Occupation/Vocation Prosthodontist/Rabbi and shochet, or kosher slaughterer.
Unofficial Duties Chief guardian and mixer of the compost heap.
He says "Every community (used to have) a rabbi. And either the rabbi was a shochet, or there was someone who had learned with the rabbi and was appointed the shochet, and you trusted that person. ... It brings (meat production) into a much lower volume and makes it local -- you know me, and that's how it used to be."
- Wendy Beye on Another Yellowstone River oil spill
- Harvey H Reading on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep
- irene gilbert on Critical mule deer research relies on fundraising
- Micaela Fischer on The Unusual Occupation at Utah’s Book Cliffs
- Larry Bullock on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep