Name: Cody Cortez
Age: 51, in this incarnation
Hometown: Wherever the alpenglow shines brightest.
Occupation: Writer, poet, Buddhist therapist for Western novelists who feel snubbed by the Eastern Literary Establishment.
Favorite place to write: In the shade of a 2,500-year-old bristlecone pine.
- Rich & Terry Fairbanks on Rural communities in the West need a fair shake
- on Jim Deacon, pioneering desert fish biologist, dies
- Larry Bullock on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born
- Randy Piper on Bark beetle kill leads to more severe fires, right? Well, maybe
- Delaine Spilsbury on The water czar who reshaped Colorado River politics