Name Kim Stafford
Hometown: Portland, Oregon
He says: "Writing is a way to go beyond what you know in the direction of what you need."
First book: A Gypsy's History of the World (poems) from Copper Canyon Press, 1976. He fixed up an old letterpress and produced 100 copies.
Multicultural interests: Holds a doctorate in Middle English literature from the University of Oregon; participates regularly in the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering in Elko, Nev.; organized a free writing workshop in Bhutan.
- vince bandola on The Forest Service battles placer mining with an obscure law
- Deb Dedon on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Deb Dedon on In the middle of nowhere, a Promised Land
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town