Name Kim Stafford
Hometown: Portland, Oregon
He says: "Writing is a way to go beyond what you know in the direction of what you need."
First book: A Gypsy's History of the World (poems) from Copper Canyon Press, 1976. He fixed up an old letterpress and produced 100 copies.
Multicultural interests: Holds a doctorate in Middle English literature from the University of Oregon; participates regularly in the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering in Elko, Nev.; organized a free writing workshop in Bhutan.
- Andrew Sipocz on The great salmon compromise
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?