Name Kim Stafford
Hometown: Portland, Oregon
He says: "Writing is a way to go beyond what you know in the direction of what you need."
First book: A Gypsy's History of the World (poems) from Copper Canyon Press, 1976. He fixed up an old letterpress and produced 100 copies.
Multicultural interests: Holds a doctorate in Middle English literature from the University of Oregon; participates regularly in the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering in Elko, Nev.; organized a free writing workshop in Bhutan.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation