Name Kim Stafford
Hometown: Portland, Oregon
He says: "Writing is a way to go beyond what you know in the direction of what you need."
First book: A Gypsy's History of the World (poems) from Copper Canyon Press, 1976. He fixed up an old letterpress and produced 100 copies.
Multicultural interests: Holds a doctorate in Middle English literature from the University of Oregon; participates regularly in the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering in Elko, Nev.; organized a free writing workshop in Bhutan.
- Dean Nyffeler on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- John Crosse on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- John Worlock on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy
- Andy Grosland on The pain thief of Spokane
- Andy Grosland on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy