Name Kim Stafford
Hometown: Portland, Oregon
He says: "Writing is a way to go beyond what you know in the direction of what you need."
First book: A Gypsy's History of the World (poems) from Copper Canyon Press, 1976. He fixed up an old letterpress and produced 100 copies.
Multicultural interests: Holds a doctorate in Middle English literature from the University of Oregon; participates regularly in the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering in Elko, Nev.; organized a free writing workshop in Bhutan.
- Larry Bullock on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born
- John W Stephens on Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Kent Schoberle on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born
- Rich & Terry Fairbanks on Rural communities in the West need a fair shake
- on Jim Deacon, pioneering desert fish biologist, dies