Name Kim Stafford
Hometown: Portland, Oregon
He says: "Writing is a way to go beyond what you know in the direction of what you need."
First book: A Gypsy's History of the World (poems) from Copper Canyon Press, 1976. He fixed up an old letterpress and produced 100 copies.
Multicultural interests: Holds a doctorate in Middle English literature from the University of Oregon; participates regularly in the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering in Elko, Nev.; organized a free writing workshop in Bhutan.
- Ingeburg Nagel on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point
- Fred Swanson on Rants from the Hill: The aliens that make Nevada home
- jord hol on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Joel Dugdale on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point
- Meg Scherch-Peterson on Shell’s giving up drilling in the Arctic Ocean. Now what?