September 19, 2011
Reclamation, removal, and recovery
Mary Clearman Blew struck out on her own, leaving rural Montana and a life as a housewife to become a professor and writer.
Nevada writer H. Lee Barnes brings his experiences as a soldier, cop and casino dealer to his gritty short stories and nonfiction.
In Percival Everett's mystery trilogy, New Mexico Deputy Ogden Walker chases murderers and wrestles with his own complex identity.
Richard S. Wheeler's historical novel dramatizes the rivalry between the "Copper Kings" in 19th century Butte, Mont.
The short stories in Melinda Moustakis' book plunge the reader into the challenging world of contemporary Alaskans.
- Mark Bailey on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mark Bailey on What I learned from 30 years with the Forest Service
- Tom McCarty on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Andrew Sipocz on The great salmon compromise
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area