PG&E made 140,000 acres of watershed lands available for conservation as part of a bankruptcy settlement with the state of California, which bailed the utility company out. The nonprofit Pacific Forest and Watershed Lands Stewardship Council is disposing of the parcels, shown here in grey.
- Larry Glickfeld on Trekking across Colorado’s fragmented wildernesses
- Yue Li on On those who live and die along the border
- Shelley Stallings on Photos: Diving for delicacies
- Mark York on Getting over the ‘taboo’ in a gun-rights conversation
- Robert Hooper on Trekking across Colorado’s fragmented wildernesses