September 5, 2011
The dedicated volunteers of the Hummingbird Monitoring Network serve as citizen scientists, gathering field data on the birds they love.
In New Mexico's San Juan County, a new ordinance contrasts upper class aesthetics against a rural lifestyle.
Four Western cities receive grants to improve habitat for the millions of migratory birds that pass through urban areas every year.
The Mountain Maidu Indians and the state Department of Fish and Game are both seeking control of California's Humbug Valley.
The Conservation Reserve Program, which pays farmers to idle highly erodible cropland, is facing budget cuts and other challenges.
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Sightseeing at an open pit mine in Arizona copper country
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle