January 24, 2011
Kane County, Utah, heart of the Sagebrush Rebellion and an off-road vehicle paradise, is also home to a growing number of environmentalists, hikers and animal lovers.
Highway avalanche control gets harder as mountain communities grow and skiers flock to the backcountry.
A graphic shows how Western states stack up against Texas and the Eastern U.S. when it comes to oil and gas drilling.
There just aren't enough slaughterhouses for small poultry farms in Oregon and other Western states.
According to scientific reviewers, Obama's new draft for managing the northern spotted owl is better than Bush's plan but still flawed.
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle
- Sightseeing at an open pit mine in Arizona copper country
- Bette Korber on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- Garrett Allen on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Robb Cadwell on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Amy & Chris Gulick on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Richard H Ernst on The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands