January 24, 2011
Kane County, Utah, heart of the Sagebrush Rebellion and an off-road vehicle paradise, is also home to a growing number of environmentalists, hikers and animal lovers.
Highway avalanche control gets harder as mountain communities grow and skiers flock to the backcountry.
A graphic shows how Western states stack up against Texas and the Eastern U.S. when it comes to oil and gas drilling.
There just aren't enough slaughterhouses for small poultry farms in Oregon and other Western states.
According to scientific reviewers, Obama's new draft for managing the northern spotted owl is better than Bush's plan but still flawed.
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- Wayne L Hare on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington
- Tom McCall on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought