Loggers such as Lewis Tenney, vice president of Precision Pine and Timber Co. in Arizona, were reeling from Judge Muecke's ruling. "It's going to have a devastating impact on a lot of people," Tenney told The Arizona Republic. Arizona Gov. Fife Symington said, "It's time to stop Judge Muecke's reign of terror." The Forest Service said it has not yet evaluated the full impact of the injunction.
* Shea Andersen
- Mark M Rostenko on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Nathan Johnson on Political sparring over the Land and Water Conservation Fund
- jan slater on An audience for old Indians
- Robb Cadwell on Political sparring over the Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Thomas Bliss on Raccoonboy’s guide to urban wilds