Loggers such as Lewis Tenney, vice president of Precision Pine and Timber Co. in Arizona, were reeling from Judge Muecke's ruling. "It's going to have a devastating impact on a lot of people," Tenney told The Arizona Republic. Arizona Gov. Fife Symington said, "It's time to stop Judge Muecke's reign of terror." The Forest Service said it has not yet evaluated the full impact of the injunction.
* Shea Andersen
- C.C. Havens on A day on the river that ended in a death
- Robb Cadwell on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?
- Trey Turnbull on Wolf pups, and the return of wild wonder
- Michael Jakubcin on Two degrees warmer and rising: A review of A Great Aridness
- Roy Brophy on Forest Service’s mission goes up in flames