August 20, 2010
High Country News' founder, Tom Bell, marks our 40th anniversary with a grim prediction: The West -- and the world -- are doomed.
A conservation fund provided by an energy company enrages ranchers across Oregon, Nevada, Utah and Wyoming.
A pro-wolf ruling by Montana Judge Don Molloy provokes accusations that he's a "nutzoid" greenie, but he doesn't always side with environmentalists.
Energy companies in Wyoming's Jonah Field are funding habitat preservation, but no one seems to know how the wildlife's doing.
- Rusty Austin on Could the ouster of California environmental agency leaders imperil clean air and beach access?
- George McCloskey on One Way to Save the Wolf? Hunt It.
- Kent Matowitz on Investigations show extensive harassment history in Park Service
- Steve Snyder on In Utah, the fight for a Bears Ears monument heats up
- Melissa McDowell on Real predators don’t eat popsicles