July 19, 2010
The Southern Utes overcame poverty and oppression to become a wealthy and powerful tribe with nationwide energy holdings.
During the Western Governors' Association meeting in Whitefish, Mont., journalists and dignitaries flew over the threatened landscape around Glacier National Park.
The BLM has put up signs warning tourists to avoid the area south of Interstate 8, where drug smugglers roam.
Although most Nevadans seemed in favor of a hardrock mining tax increase, an initiative that proposed to do just that never made it to the ballot.
Archaeologist Bonnie Pitblado uses a program modeled on Antiques Roadshow to introduce scientists to the artifacts collected by Westerners.
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town