The Montana Environmental Information Center will discuss recent state legislation that weakened water quality standards - plus mining, right-wing movements and Montana's energy future - at its annual meeting Sept. 23 at Flathead Lake Biological Station. For more information, or to register by Sept. 8, contact MEIC, P.O. Box 1184, Helena, MT 59624 (406/443-2520).
Desert rats can join the Oregon Natural Desert Association, Aug. 24 to 27, for the annual Hart Mountain National Antelope Refuge Fence-Out. Participants will help refuge staffers remove old fencing dangerous to widlife, and after work, soak tired bones in nearby hot springs. For more information call ONDA at 503/389-6908.
- Regina Johnson on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Charles Fox on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Rex Johnson Jr on How to pass a wilderness bill in 2014
- April Warwick on Sweeping new rule for Alaska's predator control
- David Lichtenstein on The paradox of the housing boom and bust