The Montana Environmental Information Center will discuss recent state legislation that weakened water quality standards - plus mining, right-wing movements and Montana's energy future - at its annual meeting Sept. 23 at Flathead Lake Biological Station. For more information, or to register by Sept. 8, contact MEIC, P.O. Box 1184, Helena, MT 59624 (406/443-2520).
Desert rats can join the Oregon Natural Desert Association, Aug. 24 to 27, for the annual Hart Mountain National Antelope Refuge Fence-Out. Participants will help refuge staffers remove old fencing dangerous to widlife, and after work, soak tired bones in nearby hot springs. For more information call ONDA at 503/389-6908.
- Steve W Bremner on A progress report on the Colorado River pulse
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Krista Langlois on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Rachelle Huddleston-Lorton on What I learned from 30 years with the Forest Service
- David Nix on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area