If you're a rancher, environmentalist, or just plain interested in how better range makes for healthier cows and land, then come to Delta, Colo., for a Sept. 11 conference sponsored by the Delta/Montrose Public Lands Partnership. Program speakers include well-known ranchers such as Doc and Connie Hatfield of Brothers, Ore., Bob Budd of Lander, Wyo., and Sid Goodloe of Capitan, N.M. After presentations on topics such as land stewardship and managing for biodiversity and profit, participants will talk with the speakers in a roundtable discussion. The registration fee is $30 before Sept. 6, $40 thereafter. For more information on the conference, Improving Rangeland Production, contact Gip Gafford at 970/874-7671 or 970/874-8772, or write Grazing Conference, Delta/Montrose Area Voc-Tech Center, 1765 U.S. Hwy 50, Delta, CO 81416.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation