If you're a rancher, environmentalist, or just plain interested in how better range makes for healthier cows and land, then come to Delta, Colo., for a Sept. 11 conference sponsored by the Delta/Montrose Public Lands Partnership. Program speakers include well-known ranchers such as Doc and Connie Hatfield of Brothers, Ore., Bob Budd of Lander, Wyo., and Sid Goodloe of Capitan, N.M. After presentations on topics such as land stewardship and managing for biodiversity and profit, participants will talk with the speakers in a roundtable discussion. The registration fee is $30 before Sept. 6, $40 thereafter. For more information on the conference, Improving Rangeland Production, contact Gip Gafford at 970/874-7671 or 970/874-8772, or write Grazing Conference, Delta/Montrose Area Voc-Tech Center, 1765 U.S. Hwy 50, Delta, CO 81416.
- Larry Glickfeld on How many Westerners does the Affordable Care Act cover?
- David W Hamilton on As Trump takes power, the House targets regulations
- Dale Lockwood on Five reasons to be optimistic about climate change
- Ray Nelson on Go ahead, wander your way
- Jim Bolen on As Trump takes power, the House targets regulations