December 22, 2008
High Country News examines the Bush administration's effects on the Western environment and considers what can be done to heal the damage.
Hal Herring relates the ugly story of how the Bush administration used its influence to try to kill a story about the impacts of energy development.
Thanks to the incompetence of the Bush administration and the tenacity of environmental lawyers, the Roadless Rule has survived for 8 years.
The EPA under George Bush has put the health of Westerners at risk in order to make life easier for big industry.
During the last eight years, Bush’s Interior Department has been embroiled in enough corruption, sex and scandal to fuel several soap operas.
- Nord B. Schroeder on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators
- HReading on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists
- HReading on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators
- Anne-Marie Holen on Go ahead, wander your way
- peter romanelli on Why a scientist cut down ‘the oldest living tree’