December 22, 2008
High Country News examines the Bush administration's effects on the Western environment and considers what can be done to heal the damage.
Hal Herring relates the ugly story of how the Bush administration used its influence to try to kill a story about the impacts of energy development.
Thanks to the incompetence of the Bush administration and the tenacity of environmental lawyers, the Roadless Rule has survived for 8 years.
The EPA under George Bush has put the health of Westerners at risk in order to make life easier for big industry.
During the last eight years, Bush’s Interior Department has been embroiled in enough corruption, sex and scandal to fuel several soap operas.
- Barbara Ullian on How to love a weird and perfect wilderness
- John Wahoff on It’s not the Wild West anymore. Look before you shoot.
- Tom Kinnane on Missing science, disagreement surrounds fracking report
- Gerald Burton on Back to civics class: 10 things to know about Standing Rock
- Steve Snyder on Missing science, disagreement surrounds fracking report