HCN's most famous hometown scientist, Dr. Theo Colborn, just received a prestigious international prize, the 2008 Goteborg Award for Sustainable Development. Theo is the founder and president of the Endocrine Disruption Exchange, which studies how industrial toxins affect the health of humans and the environment (www.endocrinedisruption.com). The prize, awarded by the city of Goteborg, Sweden, and several Swedish companies, also went to three other scientists. Last year's winner was former Vice President Al Gore.
- Jane Shafroth on Rants from the Hill: The aliens that make Nevada home
- Irene S on No direction home
- Richard Crow on Ranch Diaries: Why cowboy life is intense
- Richard Crow on Mass shootings in Western states, by the numbers
- Mary Mcallister on Wildland restoration is like marriage: An imperfect work in progress