HCN's most famous hometown scientist, Dr. Theo Colborn, just received a prestigious international prize, the 2008 Goteborg Award for Sustainable Development. Theo is the founder and president of the Endocrine Disruption Exchange, which studies how industrial toxins affect the health of humans and the environment (www.endocrinedisruption.com). The prize, awarded by the city of Goteborg, Sweden, and several Swedish companies, also went to three other scientists. Last year's winner was former Vice President Al Gore.
- Deb Dedon on Considering historical correctness in New Mexico
- Deb Dedon on Two political elites prevail in Navajo primary melee
- Chuck Brushwood on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?
- Deb Dedon on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?
- The Sawtooths and the Castle outside Pie Town, NM