HCN's most famous hometown scientist, Dr. Theo Colborn, just received a prestigious international prize, the 2008 Goteborg Award for Sustainable Development. Theo is the founder and president of the Endocrine Disruption Exchange, which studies how industrial toxins affect the health of humans and the environment (www.endocrinedisruption.com). The prize, awarded by the city of Goteborg, Sweden, and several Swedish companies, also went to three other scientists. Last year's winner was former Vice President Al Gore.
- Bill Schiffbauer on Utah burn ban ignites outrage over ‘basic freedoms’
- Jim Scarborough on Rural counties dealing with loss of fed dollars
- Len Newton on Another Yellowstone River oil spill
- Wendy Beye on Another Yellowstone River oil spill
- Harvey H Reading on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep