October 13, 2008
A long time ago, the earth warmed considerably; now, scientists study fossils to find out what happened – and what it might mean for us today.
In some Western states, including Colorado, prison inmates are taking the place of immigrant farmworkers.
Rainwater harvesting is against the law in many Western states, but folks in Utah, Colorado and Washington want to change that.
Brand-new resource management plans from Utah’s BLM welcome ATVs and energy development onto some of the state’s most fragile land.
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- Wayne L Hare on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington
- Tom McCall on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought