October 13, 2008
A long time ago, the earth warmed considerably; now, scientists study fossils to find out what happened – and what it might mean for us today.
In some Western states, including Colorado, prison inmates are taking the place of immigrant farmworkers.
Rainwater harvesting is against the law in many Western states, but folks in Utah, Colorado and Washington want to change that.
Brand-new resource management plans from Utah’s BLM welcome ATVs and energy development onto some of the state’s most fragile land.
- Deb Dedon on In Arizona, the people move ahead of the politicians
- Daniel Smith on A door squeaks open for rural energy independence
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Rick Beauheim on EPA says fracking could contaminate drinking water
- Charles Roberts on Why rare-earth mining in the West is a bust