August 25, 2008
In the quest for the ultimate firefighting machine, the BLM in Nevada has turned to some very big, very strange, and very foreign vehicles: Unimogs from Germany and Tatras from the Czech Republic.
John McCain likes to compare himself to Teddy Roosevelt, but his conservation record is closer to that of a less-popular Republican: George W. Bush.
River restorationists tackle the Clark Fork River near Milltown, Mont., in a project that demonstrates how hard it is to revive a damaged waterway.
The results of a scientific study on the effects of dust on rock art are somehow “lost” in the haze of Barrett Corporation’s drilling in Utah’s Nine Mile Canyon.
Nancy Hood has spent 50 summers watching for fires from lookouts in the smoky Siskiyou Mountains of Northern California.
- Charles Fox on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators
- Kate Schimel on What will become of the backcountry in Utah’s Wasatch?
- Doug Pineo on Ducks Unlimited fires writer over stream access fracas
- Stephen/Kathlee Martinek on The life of a once-lost dog
- DR on What will become of the backcountry in Utah’s Wasatch?