August 25, 2008
In the quest for the ultimate firefighting machine, the BLM in Nevada has turned to some very big, very strange, and very foreign vehicles: Unimogs from Germany and Tatras from the Czech Republic.
John McCain likes to compare himself to Teddy Roosevelt, but his conservation record is closer to that of a less-popular Republican: George W. Bush.
River restorationists tackle the Clark Fork River near Milltown, Mont., in a project that demonstrates how hard it is to revive a damaged waterway.
The results of a scientific study on the effects of dust on rock art are somehow “lost” in the haze of Barrett Corporation’s drilling in Utah’s Nine Mile Canyon.
Nancy Hood has spent 50 summers watching for fires from lookouts in the smoky Siskiyou Mountains of Northern California.
- Steve Snyder on A trail runner defends his right to public lands
- Kelly Cooper on A trail runner defends his right to public lands
- Steven Childs on It's time to kill my own food
- Steven Childs on A Western lesson from Cecil the lion: trophy seekers aren't hunters
- Daniel Greenstadt on A trail runner defends his right to public lands