August 25, 2008
In the quest for the ultimate firefighting machine, the BLM in Nevada has turned to some very big, very strange, and very foreign vehicles: Unimogs from Germany and Tatras from the Czech Republic.
John McCain likes to compare himself to Teddy Roosevelt, but his conservation record is closer to that of a less-popular Republican: George W. Bush.
River restorationists tackle the Clark Fork River near Milltown, Mont., in a project that demonstrates how hard it is to revive a damaged waterway.
The results of a scientific study on the effects of dust on rock art are somehow “lost” in the haze of Barrett Corporation’s drilling in Utah’s Nine Mile Canyon.
Nancy Hood has spent 50 summers watching for fires from lookouts in the smoky Siskiyou Mountains of Northern California.
- David W Hamilton on U.S. House changes its rules to ease federal land transfers
- David W Hamilton on Trump’s Cabinet choices reflect deep Koch influence
- Millie Carson on Trump’s Cabinet choices reflect deep Koch influence
- Dale Lockwood on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators
- Regina Johnson on Go ahead, wander your way