August 11, 2008
Steve and Marc Jenson have ambitious plans to turn a failed ski resort near Beaver, Utah, into a private enclave for the ultra-rich, but not everyone is thrilled about the idea.
Precedent-setting conservation easement lawsuit in Wyoming; wet spring gives way to burning-hot summer; EPA approves air-quality permit for Desert Rock power plant; Smokey Bear vs. ORVs; smoky bear vs. firefighter.
- Frank matyus on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change