August 11, 2008
Steve and Marc Jenson have ambitious plans to turn a failed ski resort near Beaver, Utah, into a private enclave for the ultra-rich, but not everyone is thrilled about the idea.
Precedent-setting conservation easement lawsuit in Wyoming; wet spring gives way to burning-hot summer; EPA approves air-quality permit for Desert Rock power plant; Smokey Bear vs. ORVs; smoky bear vs. firefighter.
- C.C. Havens on A day on the river that ended in a death
- Robb Cadwell on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?
- Trey Turnbull on Wolf pups, and the return of wild wonder
- Michael Jakubcin on Two degrees warmer and rising: A review of A Great Aridness
- Roy Brophy on Forest Service’s mission goes up in flames