February 21, 1994
Yuma Desalting Plant is boondoggle of the decade.
More than 100 artists donate work to "Quiet Skies," an art show that protests Taos airport expansion.
Tribal lands not exempt from Endangered Species Act, rules U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, after receiving activist Leroy Jackson's letter.
Nevada Association of Counties endorses movement to turn control of federal lands over to state government.
- Martin D Brown on As Lake Mead sinks, states agree to more drastic water cuts
- Thomas Keffer on A millennial mayor and his timber town
- Mike Evans on Rants from the Hill: After many years of essay writing, a wave goodbye
- Karl Anderson on The end of coal is bringing a wrenching transition
- Scott Christy on A millennial mayor and his timber town