February 21, 1994
Yuma Desalting Plant is boondoggle of the decade.
More than 100 artists donate work to "Quiet Skies," an art show that protests Taos airport expansion.
Tribal lands not exempt from Endangered Species Act, rules U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, after receiving activist Leroy Jackson's letter.
Nevada Association of Counties endorses movement to turn control of federal lands over to state government.
- on Jim Deacon, pioneering desert fish biologist, dies
- Larry Bullock on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born
- Randy Piper on Bark beetle kill leads to more severe fires, right? Well, maybe
- Delaine Spilsbury on The water czar who reshaped Colorado River politics
- Buck Drew on Chainsaw diplomacy