February 21, 1994
Yuma Desalting Plant is boondoggle of the decade.
More than 100 artists donate work to "Quiet Skies," an art show that protests Taos airport expansion.
Tribal lands not exempt from Endangered Species Act, rules U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, after receiving activist Leroy Jackson's letter.
Nevada Association of Counties endorses movement to turn control of federal lands over to state government.
- Joel Dugdale on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point
- Meg Scherch-Peterson on Shell’s giving up drilling in the Arctic Ocean. Now what?
- George Winters on What Mt. Hood’s fading summer ski season means
- John F Mijer on Congress lets sun set on Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Gary Beverly on Does optimism have a place in Western water politics?