June 26, 1995
Small businessman Tom Huerkamp fights the building of prisons in the rural West and looks for other ways to generate an economy.
A tongue-in-cheek consideration of Colorado Republican Scott McInnis' search for waste at the Department of Interior, the closing of national parks and the Christian Coalition's involvement in both.
A controversial Colorado proposed ski resort, Lake Catamount, suffers a setback when the major investor pulls out.
Tom Chisholm, former environmental manager of the bankrupt Summitville Mine is indicted by the EPA for his part in Colorado's worst environmental disaster.
Activist Larry Tuttle begins on 1,872 mile walk from Oregon to Colorado to raise support for reform of the 1872 Mining Law.
The Delta Correctional Facility was given unrestricted use of 91 acres in the Escalante State Wildlife Area in Colorado.
- Jim Scarborough on Rural counties dealing with loss of fed dollars
- Len Newton on Another Yellowstone River oil spill
- Wendy Beye on Another Yellowstone River oil spill
- Harvey H Reading on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep
- irene gilbert on Critical mule deer research relies on fundraising