Not mentioned in this story are the efforts of organizations like the Clean Water Action Project, which organized a voter registration drive that signed up a significant number of new voters in the 11th Congressional District, including many Hispanics. That contribution was enough that the California director of Clean Water Action, Erich Pfuehler, then assumed the job as Jerry McNerney's chief of staff.
While I fully agree with the tactic, the Defenders' execution of it, especially in the Pombo case, was decidedly amateur.
Wesley C. Rolley Morgan Hill, California
- Joan E. Miller on An ardent defender of North Dakota's badlands wonders if it's time to leave
- Warren Anderson on An ardent defender of North Dakota's badlands wonders if it's time to leave
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?