Not mentioned in this story are the efforts of organizations like the Clean Water Action Project, which organized a voter registration drive that signed up a significant number of new voters in the 11th Congressional District, including many Hispanics. That contribution was enough that the California director of Clean Water Action, Erich Pfuehler, then assumed the job as Jerry McNerney's chief of staff.
While I fully agree with the tactic, the Defenders' execution of it, especially in the Pombo case, was decidedly amateur.
Wesley C. Rolley Morgan Hill, California
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation