Can a city like Boulder, Colo., really have it all? Is it possible for a community to have open space, a sound economy, adequate schools, a healthy environment and affordable housing, all at once? A June 22-23 workshop, sponsored by the Boulder Housing Authority, will address those issues and invite participants to create affordable housing in a hypothetical neighborhood. Planners, architects and others will discuss sustainable design, transportation planning and economic strategies to achieve affordable housing. Registration for the workshop, How Do You Achieve Affordable Housing in a Growth Managed Community? A Strategic Working Session, is $10, payable to the City of Boulder Housing. For more information, contact Affordable Housing Session, 705 Iris Ave., Boulder, CO 80304 (303/441-3157).
- Millie Carson on Trump’s Cabinet choices reflect deep Koch influence
- Dale Lockwood on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators
- Regina Johnson on Go ahead, wander your way
- Paulette Bierzychudek on Obama’s mixed impact on endangered species
- Charles Fox on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators