April 14, 2008
After conquering rocks, trails and mountains, weekend warriors have found a new hobby: Climbing the West’s big trees.
Washington’s cougar population is in serious trouble, and some trace recent problems back to a 1996 ban on hunting the big cats with hounds.
Rick Bass’ memoir, Why I Came West, describes how his 20-year struggle to save Montana’s Yaak Valley held him hostage, preventing him from concentrating on writing the short fiction that he loves.
- Robin Switzer on Humans and ecosystems mix it up on the U.S. - Mexico Borderlands
- Mark York on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Greg Arnold on New allegations of sexual harassment in Yosemite, Yellowstone
- Sophia Bogner on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Carolyn Poissant on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman