April 14, 2008
After conquering rocks, trails and mountains, weekend warriors have found a new hobby: Climbing the West’s big trees.
Washington’s cougar population is in serious trouble, and some trace recent problems back to a 1996 ban on hunting the big cats with hounds.
Rick Bass’ memoir, Why I Came West, describes how his 20-year struggle to save Montana’s Yaak Valley held him hostage, preventing him from concentrating on writing the short fiction that he loves.
- Malcolm Morrison on Should we accept invasive species that don’t cause harm?
- David W Hamilton on Have returning wolves really saved Yellowstone?
- David W Hamilton on Jury finds occupiers of Oregon wildlife refuge not guilty
- Richard Jones on Reckoning at Standing Rock
- Jim Bolen on Jury finds occupiers of Oregon wildlife refuge not guilty