These companies are making profits at the pump and off of other sites, but the Colorado ones are not adding to the bottom line of most of these companies. As they scale up and recoup their drilling costs, they may one day start making money off of their Western Colorado investments. However, if the state makes the cost of doing business too high, they will pull out in favor of other lower cost areas.
Prosperity is never achieved through taxation. The energy we have available to us here is a gift. Five percent of a growing and thriving business is better than a higher tax on a decreasing one.
Grand Junction, Colorado
- Mike Chiropolos on What Obama can actually do about Standing Rock
- Krista Langlois on What Obama can actually do about Standing Rock
- Greg Lind on What Obama can actually do about Standing Rock
- Greg Lind on Army Corps denies crucial DAPL easement
- Rod Robertson on Latest: California’s tree die-off is bigger than you thought