March 3, 2008
California’s Salton Sea is at a crossroads, but whether it dries up and blows away or is restored and rejuvenated, the future does not look bright for its resident renegades, retirees and recluses.
In Five Skies, novelist Ron Carlson tells the terse and occasionally poetic stories of three emotionally damaged men working in Idaho for the summer.
- Steve Snyder on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs
- Paul Lindholdt on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs
- Robert Eaton on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs
- Andy Grosland on Four charts that show how public land is good for rural areas
- Charles Fox on Ranch Diaries: Should we name the animals we raise to eat?