March 3, 2008
California’s Salton Sea is at a crossroads, but whether it dries up and blows away or is restored and rejuvenated, the future does not look bright for its resident renegades, retirees and recluses.
In Five Skies, novelist Ron Carlson tells the terse and occasionally poetic stories of three emotionally damaged men working in Idaho for the summer.
- Lowell Jones on Pot growers put huge energy demand on the grid
- Denise Fort on Why are Western attorneys general going rogue?
- Mike Sennett on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators
- Pat Munday on The Greatest Generation at its worst
- Charles Fox on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators