Mailing a rock to Gov. Racicot hardly asks as much of a person. I agree that the consequences of not conserving the natural landscape are dire, but fighting a legal or legislative battle is not the same as one with bullets. Please, don't dare to compare the sacrifice of letter writers or tree spikers with those of soldiers. What I did as a soldier and what I now do as a conservationist are not the same. I am offended that the two are compared in bold print in HCN.
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Sightseeing at an open pit mine in Arizona copper country
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle