Mailing a rock to Gov. Racicot hardly asks as much of a person. I agree that the consequences of not conserving the natural landscape are dire, but fighting a legal or legislative battle is not the same as one with bullets. Please, don't dare to compare the sacrifice of letter writers or tree spikers with those of soldiers. What I did as a soldier and what I now do as a conservationist are not the same. I am offended that the two are compared in bold print in HCN.
- Dean Nyffeler on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- John Crosse on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- John Worlock on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy
- Andy Grosland on The pain thief of Spokane
- Andy Grosland on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy