In Houston, we have tropical catfish in most of our bayous. In the Everglades, they are trying to keep pythons from breeding and spreading. And in many places the grass carp, or white amur, has become even more of a problem than the European carp.
We are still making many mistakes. The pet and nursery trade is allowed to bring in many plants and animals that should remain in their natural habitat across the ocean. Many are turned loose on purpose or escape and cause problems.
It makes you wonder, "When will we ever learn?"
- Richard Reinaker on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- Steve Snyder on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Robert Waddell on Oath Keepers show up for a public lands dispute in Oregon
- jim bolen on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Warren Anderson on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked