In Houston, we have tropical catfish in most of our bayous. In the Everglades, they are trying to keep pythons from breeding and spreading. And in many places the grass carp, or white amur, has become even more of a problem than the European carp.
We are still making many mistakes. The pet and nursery trade is allowed to bring in many plants and animals that should remain in their natural habitat across the ocean. Many are turned loose on purpose or escape and cause problems.
It makes you wonder, "When will we ever learn?"
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation