December 24, 2007
In Catron County, N.M., an attempt to reintroduce endangered Mexican wolves has fallen into chaos in the wake of political misjudgments, local hostility and problems caused by inbreeding among the wolves.
- Steve Snyder on Making a monument from scratch
- Deb Dedon on Rains bring incomplete drought relief to parts of Southwest
- Deb Dedon on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Bette Korber on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- Garrett Allen on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking