December 24, 2007
In Catron County, N.M., an attempt to reintroduce endangered Mexican wolves has fallen into chaos in the wake of political misjudgments, local hostility and problems caused by inbreeding among the wolves.
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- Wayne L Hare on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington
- Tom McCall on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought