October 15, 2007
Plans to fence as much as possible of the U.S.-Mexico border could derail the return of rare jaguars to the Southwest.
Land managers working on post-fire restoration in Utah have to battle invasive cheatgrass in their efforts to bring back the native sagebrush.
Ranchers in southeastern Colorado are fighting the Army, which wants to expand its Pinon Canyon Maneuver Site.
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- Wayne L Hare on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington
- Tom McCall on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought