Every cow on public lands is eating forage that would otherwise support native species like elk. Even the mere presence of livestock can socially displace native species like elk, leaving fewer native prey for wolves to feed upon. And it is an outrage that anyone should be permitted to kill our wildlife, particularly an endangered species, merely to facilitate the private profit of a destructive and outdated industry.
- Nathan Johnson on Political sparring over the Land and Water Conservation Fund
- jan slater on An audience for old Indians
- Robb Cadwell on Political sparring over the Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Thomas Bliss on Raccoonboy’s guide to urban wilds
- Kevin Bates on A wanderer’s guide to Western public lands