What we need is more quality pieces like "The Owl and I" in your Aug. 6 issue. Like its author, Melissa Hart, I am a freelance writer and journalism professor. As such, I recognize and appreciate quality writing.
Heart-warming, well-written articles like Professor Hart's provide a bit of balance and some hope in a sometimes-grim world. The more pieces of that nature that you find room to publish, the better High Country News will become.
- Harold Johnson on Latest: California’s tree die-off is bigger than you thought
- Thomas Arvensis on The Bundy family, on trial
- Guy Durrant on Latest: California’s tree die-off is bigger than you thought
- Barbara Hulet on The Bundy family, on trial
- Harold Johnson on What Obama can actually do about Standing Rock