What we need is more quality pieces like "The Owl and I" in your Aug. 6 issue. Like its author, Melissa Hart, I am a freelance writer and journalism professor. As such, I recognize and appreciate quality writing.
Heart-warming, well-written articles like Professor Hart's provide a bit of balance and some hope in a sometimes-grim world. The more pieces of that nature that you find room to publish, the better High Country News will become.
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day