What we need is more quality pieces like "The Owl and I" in your Aug. 6 issue. Like its author, Melissa Hart, I am a freelance writer and journalism professor. As such, I recognize and appreciate quality writing.
Heart-warming, well-written articles like Professor Hart's provide a bit of balance and some hope in a sometimes-grim world. The more pieces of that nature that you find room to publish, the better High Country News will become.
- Regina Johnson on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Charles Fox on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Rex Johnson Jr on How to pass a wilderness bill in 2014
- April Warwick on Sweeping new rule for Alaska's predator control
- David Lichtenstein on The paradox of the housing boom and bust