September 3, 2007
Pete McGrail believes the volcanic basalt that underlies the Columbia River Basin may hold a cure for global warming: carbon sequestration.
Some environmentalists are unhappy about the BLM’s plans to spray herbicides for weed control, but many public-land managers say it’s the only way to tackle the invasion of flammable weeds.
- George Winters on What Mt. Hood’s fading summer ski season means
- John F Mijer on Congress lets sun set on Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Gary Beverly on Does optimism have a place in Western water politics?
- John Worlock on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point
- Todd Vogel/Iversen on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point