August 20, 2007
In Arizona’s Sonoran Desert, good intentions are responsible for the introduction of exotic buffelgrass – but all the good intentions in the world may not be enough to save the desert now that this invasive and fire-prone plant is spreading.
Western farmers band together to form the “OPEC of Potatoes” – a farmers’ cooperative called the United Potato Growers of America
Scientists working in the relatively new field of urban ecology study cities like Phoenix, seeking to gain knowledge that will help all cities as the West gets warmer
- Joel Dugdale on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point
- Meg Scherch-Peterson on Shell’s giving up drilling in the Arctic Ocean. Now what?
- George Winters on What Mt. Hood’s fading summer ski season means
- John F Mijer on Congress lets sun set on Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Gary Beverly on Does optimism have a place in Western water politics?