Kudos to Bill Cook for “Why the West should copy Swiss ski transit.” What seems so apparent to ordinary citizens gets lost on our transportation planners — many of whom seem stuck in “auto” mode (HCN, 4/30/07). Yes, developing a transit system will be costly, but building and maintaining an environmentally and community sensitive highway system also carries a hefty price tag. And with the price of gas escalating with no end in sight, isn’t it time we recognize more automobile travel may not be the answer for the future?
Jo Ann Sorensen
> Dumont, Colorado
- Regina Johnson on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Charles Fox on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Rex Johnson Jr on How to pass a wilderness bill in 2014
- April Warwick on Sweeping new rule for Alaska's predator control
- David Lichtenstein on The paradox of the housing boom and bust