Kudos to Bill Cook for “Why the West should copy Swiss ski transit.” What seems so apparent to ordinary citizens gets lost on our transportation planners — many of whom seem stuck in “auto” mode (HCN, 4/30/07). Yes, developing a transit system will be costly, but building and maintaining an environmentally and community sensitive highway system also carries a hefty price tag. And with the price of gas escalating with no end in sight, isn’t it time we recognize more automobile travel may not be the answer for the future?
Jo Ann Sorensen
> Dumont, Colorado
- HReading on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists
- HReading on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators
- Anne-Marie Holen on Go ahead, wander your way
- peter romanelli on Why a scientist cut down ‘the oldest living tree’
- James Shepherd on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators