Kudos to Bill Cook for “Why the West should copy Swiss ski transit.” What seems so apparent to ordinary citizens gets lost on our transportation planners — many of whom seem stuck in “auto” mode (HCN, 4/30/07). Yes, developing a transit system will be costly, but building and maintaining an environmentally and community sensitive highway system also carries a hefty price tag. And with the price of gas escalating with no end in sight, isn’t it time we recognize more automobile travel may not be the answer for the future?
Jo Ann Sorensen
> Dumont, Colorado
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- guy zoellner on A young mule stringer helps keep a dying profession alive
- John W Stephens on Timberland herbicide spraying sickens a community