I have to agree with Sharon O’Toole for the most part about euthanizing our equines (HCN, 4/30/07). A few years ago, when my old saddle/packhorse needed to be put down, I dreaded not only the process of euthanizing, but also “offering” him to rendering works. Then I found out about donating him to a local wildlife park that had large carnivores from Africa. These animals have their weekly requirement for meat. We convinced ourselves that this was in fact a noble decision. Another living creature benefited from him: He was not wasted through euthanasia.
> Mesa, Arizona
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town