I thought Ray Ring’s “Disposable Workers of the Oil and Gas Fields” was the finest piece of investigative journalism I’ve ever read in HCN (HCN, 4/2/07). And I certainly don’t recall reading anything remotely this good about the magnitude of the dangers workers in the oil and gas fields face, and the apparent indifference of regulatory agencies to this situation, in the “mainstream press.” It was shocking, riveting and harrowing. I felt so badly for the workers and their families who have died or been permanently injured in this dangerous occupation.
Hats off to HCN and Ray Ring — I hope the story will contribute to saving some lives and preventing some injuries.
> Washington, D.C.b>
- Regina Johnson on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Charles Fox on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Rex Johnson Jr on How to pass a wilderness bill in 2014
- April Warwick on Sweeping new rule for Alaska's predator control
- David Lichtenstein on The paradox of the housing boom and bust