I’ve been reading about beekeeping problems lately, but nobody has produced such a detailed personal account (HCN, 3/19/07). I live in avocado country in San Diego, Calif., and ride the area on my motorcycle often. I can see far fewer bees working, and there are far fewer on my windshield (always sad). Now we hear about colony collapse disorder and cell phones causing the problems. I don’t know what to believe. I hope Hannah Nordhaus will keep up her work and keep us informed about new study results.
> San Diego, CaliforniaB>
- Stuart Hurlbert on On those who live and die along the border
- Larry Glickfeld on Trekking across Colorado’s fragmented wildernesses
- Yue Li on On those who live and die along the border
- Shelley Stallings on Photos: Diving for delicacies
- Mark York on Getting over the ‘taboo’ in a gun-rights conversation