Great package (HCN, 4/2/07). It reminds me of stories my mom told me about growing up in Sopris, Colo. She said when there were cave-ins at the coal mines, the mine bosses would get the mules out and leave the dead miners inside. The mules were valuable, she said. The dead miners weren’t.
> Greeley, Colorado
- Shelley Ellis on How many Westerners does the Affordable Care Act cover?
- Jan Hearthstone on California’s recent rains won’t fix its other, very big problem
- Tiffy Squid on Why we need condors in eastern Oregon
- Mark Rozman on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists
- Richard Clough on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists