Ray Ring’s painstaking assembly of the human stories hidden behind the conflicting statistics of industrial accidents in oil and gas was magnificent work (HCN, 4/2/07). I have been reading the U.S. Department of Labor’s Daily News Summaries for six months now, and this is the finest piece they have ever reprinted. Congratulations to the author for all his labors, and to the publishers for the courage to bring it to light.
James McCarty Yeager
- Tom Darnell on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- Alan Stevens on Private property blocks access to public lands
- Linda VanFossan on California has one year of water left: Hype or reality?
- Joseph Yannuzzi on Sportsmen’s bill aims to open inaccessible public lands
- Robert Gates on Lessons from boom and bust in New Mexico