Ray Ring’s painstaking assembly of the human stories hidden behind the conflicting statistics of industrial accidents in oil and gas was magnificent work (HCN, 4/2/07). I have been reading the U.S. Department of Labor’s Daily News Summaries for six months now, and this is the finest piece they have ever reprinted. Congratulations to the author for all his labors, and to the publishers for the courage to bring it to light.
James McCarty Yeager
- Robin Switzer on Humans and ecosystems mix it up on the U.S. - Mexico Borderlands
- Mark York on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Greg Arnold on New allegations of sexual harassment in Yosemite, Yellowstone
- Sophia Bogner on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Carolyn Poissant on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman