Ray Ring’s painstaking assembly of the human stories hidden behind the conflicting statistics of industrial accidents in oil and gas was magnificent work (HCN, 4/2/07). I have been reading the U.S. Department of Labor’s Daily News Summaries for six months now, and this is the finest piece they have ever reprinted. Congratulations to the author for all his labors, and to the publishers for the courage to bring it to light.
James McCarty Yeager
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on On Black Mesa, the natives make a comeback
- Gordon Chew on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Tim Hogan on Light rail enters the West’s most sprawling metropolis