Ray Ring’s painstaking assembly of the human stories hidden behind the conflicting statistics of industrial accidents in oil and gas was magnificent work (HCN, 4/2/07). I have been reading the U.S. Department of Labor’s Daily News Summaries for six months now, and this is the finest piece they have ever reprinted. Congratulations to the author for all his labors, and to the publishers for the courage to bring it to light.
James McCarty Yeager
- Michael Parker on Analyst: FBI let Malheur militants save face to end occupation
- Deb Dedon on A new and more dangerous Sagebrush Rebellion
- Deb Dedon on Analyst: FBI let Malheur militants save face to end occupation
- George McCloskey on In Washington, the 'necessity defense' on trial alongside activists
- Louis F Good on Should this national monument become a national park?