April 30, 2007
Tiny Vilas, Colo., thought it was a great idea to open an online school and enroll at-risk students from far-away Denver – but neither the students nor the school district ended up scoring well at report card time. Also in this Issue: Global warming spurs calls for new dams in the West – but where will the water come from to fill them?
- Karl Anderson on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Steve McCarthy on New leader steps up for the American Lands Council
- Candace Oathout on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- Steve McCarthy on Should this national monument become a national park?
- Karl Anderson on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution