April 30, 2007
Tiny Vilas, Colo., thought it was a great idea to open an online school and enroll at-risk students from far-away Denver – but neither the students nor the school district ended up scoring well at report card time. Also in this Issue: Global warming spurs calls for new dams in the West – but where will the water come from to fill them?
- John H Marble on The view from the top of the food chain
- Charles Fox on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators
- Kate Schimel on What will become of the backcountry in Utah’s Wasatch?
- Doug Pineo on Ducks Unlimited fires writer over stream access fracas
- Stephen/Kathlee Martinek on The life of a once-lost dog