April 30, 2007
Tiny Vilas, Colo., thought it was a great idea to open an online school and enroll at-risk students from far-away Denver – but neither the students nor the school district ended up scoring well at report card time. Also in this Issue: Global warming spurs calls for new dams in the West – but where will the water come from to fill them?
- LaOnda Clark on Photos: A protest over imprisoned ranchers becomes an occupation of a wildlife refuge
- Daniel Greenstadt on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- Eric Haggstrom on Balancing the pulls of domesticity and wilderness
- Toby Thaler on Nuclear power divides California’s environmentalists
- Jim Bolen on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness