If you complain about safety or work conditions, you may find yourself working in a very abusive environment with all the deckhands. I had been told that some accidents aren’t accidents. I have lived with severe back pain for over 30 years because I ran to get a drink of water and then was forced to lift out a 250-pound floor clamp.
Drilling is one of the most punishing jobs around, but for the money sometimes the only one available.
South Hill, Washington
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on On Black Mesa, the natives make a comeback