If you complain about safety or work conditions, you may find yourself working in a very abusive environment with all the deckhands. I had been told that some accidents aren’t accidents. I have lived with severe back pain for over 30 years because I ran to get a drink of water and then was forced to lift out a 250-pound floor clamp.
Drilling is one of the most punishing jobs around, but for the money sometimes the only one available.
South Hill, Washington
- Millie Carson on Trump’s Cabinet choices reflect deep Koch influence
- Shelley Ellis on How many Westerners does the Affordable Care Act cover?
- Jan Hearthstone on California’s recent rains won’t fix its other, very big problem
- Tiffy Squid on Why we need condors in eastern Oregon
- Mark Rozman on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists