If you complain about safety or work conditions, you may find yourself working in a very abusive environment with all the deckhands. I had been told that some accidents aren’t accidents. I have lived with severe back pain for over 30 years because I ran to get a drink of water and then was forced to lift out a 250-pound floor clamp.
Drilling is one of the most punishing jobs around, but for the money sometimes the only one available.
South Hill, Washington
- Ricardo Small on In Arizona, the people move ahead of the politicians
- Dean Nyffeler on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- John Crosse on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- John Worlock on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy
- Andy Grosland on The pain thief of Spokane