If you complain about safety or work conditions, you may find yourself working in a very abusive environment with all the deckhands. I had been told that some accidents aren’t accidents. I have lived with severe back pain for over 30 years because I ran to get a drink of water and then was forced to lift out a 250-pound floor clamp.
Drilling is one of the most punishing jobs around, but for the money sometimes the only one available.
South Hill, Washington
- David W Hamilton on The Park Service doesn’t need corporate sponsorship. It needs proper funding.
- David W Hamilton on New Mexico’s baby wolf swap worked. Why won’t state officials get on board?
- David W Hamilton on Latest: Elk, not bison, are spreading disease near Yellowstone
- David W Hamilton on Trial by fire
- Kate Schimel on How do Trump and Clinton differ on conservation?