If you complain about safety or work conditions, you may find yourself working in a very abusive environment with all the deckhands. I had been told that some accidents aren’t accidents. I have lived with severe back pain for over 30 years because I ran to get a drink of water and then was forced to lift out a 250-pound floor clamp.
Drilling is one of the most punishing jobs around, but for the money sometimes the only one available.
South Hill, Washington
- Regina Johnson on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Charles Fox on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Rex Johnson Jr on How to pass a wilderness bill in 2014
- April Warwick on Sweeping new rule for Alaska's predator control
- David Lichtenstein on The paradox of the housing boom and bust