If you complain about safety or work conditions, you may find yourself working in a very abusive environment with all the deckhands. I had been told that some accidents aren’t accidents. I have lived with severe back pain for over 30 years because I ran to get a drink of water and then was forced to lift out a 250-pound floor clamp.
Drilling is one of the most punishing jobs around, but for the money sometimes the only one available.
South Hill, Washington
- Tim Parmly on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Jerry King on In Washington, the 'necessity defense' on trial alongside activists
- Paul V. Battaglia on Ranch Diaries: Should we name the animals we raise to eat?
- Adam Neff on Ranch Diaries: Should we name the animals we raise to eat?
- Laura Jean Schneider on Ranch Diaries: Should we name the animals we raise to eat?