April 2, 2007
Without a college degree, work on the oil and gas fields is the best job you can get in the rural West – unless, of course, it kills you. Also in this issue: Thirsty Santa Fe, N.M., considers an innovative law requiring all new buildings to install rainwater-harvesting systems.
- Mike Evans on Rants from the Hill: After many years of essay writing, a wave goodbye
- Karl Anderson on The end of coal is bringing a wrenching transition
- Scott Christy on A millennial mayor and his timber town
- Armin Gollannek on The end of coal is bringing a wrenching transition
- Marcia Ewell on National Park Service centennial shares limelight with scandals