As a Presbyterian, I want to note that this type of selective labeling is not a concern because of its religious nature — it is always inappropriate. If it is condescending for New Yorkers to refer to a presidential candidate from New Mexico by his hat preference, it is equally inappropriate for Paonians to refer to a Massachusetts presidential candidate by his religious preference.
- Regina Johnson on Rep. Rob Bishop is chipping away at Theodore Roosevelt's legacy
- Andy Grosland on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Andy Grosland on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here's what I'd like to say to them.
- Melissa McDowell on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here's what I'd like to say to them.
- Richard Reinaker on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution