As a Presbyterian, I want to note that this type of selective labeling is not a concern because of its religious nature — it is always inappropriate. If it is condescending for New Yorkers to refer to a presidential candidate from New Mexico by his hat preference, it is equally inappropriate for Paonians to refer to a Massachusetts presidential candidate by his religious preference.
- Rick Masters on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- W John Faust on Freeway closure by flash flood should teach us a lesson
- David Taft on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- Ryan Stevenson on Can human judgment handle avalanches?