“Beginning this spring, cattle, pigs, lamb, goats, even bison, will trot up the ramp leading into the back of the Mobile Matanza, where they’ll be met by …” This line is complemented by a picture of a man sharpening a large knife. And there are other turns of phrase that makes the whole butchering process sound like all participants are engaged in a play date.
However, if you’ve ever seen Peaceable Kingdom, or witnessed animals being led to slaughter, you’ll know that they don’t want to die any more than we would under the same circumstances. And we’re informed that Knox is capable of wrestling any animal reluctant to go to slaughter. Was there ever an animal in the history of slaughter that wasn’t reluctant? We owe these animals that involuntarily give up their lives for us more respect than was contained in that glib article.
- Robin Switzer on Humans and ecosystems mix it up on the U.S. - Mexico Borderlands
- Mark York on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Greg Arnold on New allegations of sexual harassment in Yosemite, Yellowstone
- Sophia Bogner on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Carolyn Poissant on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman